Thursday, January 24, 2013
Lie to me? I'm on to you, trust me.
The most important things to are is trust, honesty, and respect. Those 3 things go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned. In my life I've been forced to lie, to keep things from people, to keep secrets. At a very early age I knew when people were lying and would set them up on purpose to catch them in a lie. Becoming a human lie detector wasn't hard. Since I was asked to lie at a young age, I therefore knew that the person asking me to lie was doing the same. I got to know the body language of a liar, the habits, the stories and the tangents that these stories went off on. I started to lie to my teachers, telling them that I had siblings at home that really didn't exist, insisting that my dad was allowing me to change the spelling of my last name. After a while I started telling my mom that I had all these friends at school when I didn't actually have any. I eventually realized that lying was a tangled web; one lie leads to another and another and you know what? Someone ALWAYS finds out. Mark Twain once said "If you never lie you never have to remember anything", and it's true. So I stopped my juvenile little lies and instead devoted that energy to figuring out when everyone else would lie. Two of my other qualities; a great memory and keen observation skills also come in handy with this feat. Call me a cynic, but I always know when people are telling a tall-tale, making up an excuse, or embellishing on a story. Nine times out of ten, I will just sit back and listen, knowing full well in my mind that what's being fed to me is complete trash, and remembering the story so that when it changes in the near future, I can point it out then. Tell me something 4 years ago, then contradict yourself now? I'm all over that and I knew it was coming. Make excuses? I will remember in 10 years that it was your grandmas birthday on that day I asked you to go to that party with me and you couldn't. Straight up lie to my face continuously? I'm on to you, be pretty sure I'm keeping notes, and when I get mad enough....it will come up. That's one more thing about me, I was brought up not to put people on the spot or start fights, but just remember, even though I don't say anything, doesn't mean I don't know. I know everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment